Most people know that dirty air quality (for instance smog) can cause breathing problems after long time exposure, but what about those who have respiratory issues every day of their life, as in the case of asthmatics.
Studies have shown poor indoor air can be more hazardous to one's wellbeing than outside elements. For those who suffer from asthma attacks, running the air conditioner or heating can trigger hacking, coughing and wheezing.
The problems lie within the air duct of the HVAC equipment. Grime, pollen, animal hair, dandruff, dust mite allergens, etc. can inhabit this space. Any obstruction within the condenser and evaporation coils of an air conditioning system can result in a development of mildew and life-threatening mold.
Anyone experiencing asthma attacks would be wise to take steps in having their air ducts clean.
What to expect from a reputable air duct cleaning service?
- The professional air duct cleaning person will discuss with you, in detail, all the areas earmarked for cleaning.
- The air duct cleaning company will have good references and ideally, possess certification or license.
- The service person will give you an itemized bill, so you will know exactly how much you will be charged.
- The skilled workers will make sure your carpet and furniture are not soiled while cleaning the ducts.
- They will use specialized equipment to thoroughly brush and then vacuum debris removing it to the outdoors
- The technicians will inspect all the ducts and ports to make sure no residue remains.
- For people with asthma, having the air duct system clean is not a luxury, but essential to their quality of life. The experts say this should be done at least every three years.
To receive more information about this process, contact your friendly and knowledgeable HVAC technician, which specialize in this service. The staff will be happy to assist you in answering any inquiries you might have.